Terms & Conditions
This page informs you of the terms and conditions relating to booking any of our workshops listed on our website www.sewsewhelpful.co.uk. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before placing an order or making a booking. You should understand that by making such an undertaking, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Our site is for non-commercial use only.
If you wish to clarify this or any other of our terms and conditions please don’t hesitate to contact us.
1. Information About Us
www.sewsewhelpful.co.uk is a site operated by Vanessa Adams trading as Sew Sew Helpful. Our correspondence address is Sew Sew Helpful, Unit 33171, PO Box 15113, Birmingham, B2 2NJ.
2. Your Status
By placing an order through our site, you warrant that:
- You are legally capable of entering into binding contracts; and
- You are at least 18 years old;
3. How the Contract is Formed Between You and Us
- After requesting a reservation of a Course, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your Order. Please note that this does not mean that your Order has been accepted. Your Order constitutes an offer to us to book a Course place. All Orders are subject to acceptance by us, and we will confirm this to you by sending you an e-mail that confirms that the Course place has been reserved (Order Confirmation). The contract between us (Contract) will only be formed when we send you the Order Confirmation.
- Where you are booking a Workshop, if the specified Workshop is full we will inform you by email of the next available date for that Workshop.
4. Consumer Rights - Cancellation
- There is no right for you to cancel the Contract and no refunds will be given on deposit or full payments for a Course, although if you are unable to attend a Course, please let us know as soon as possible.
- You may send someone in your place if you prefer. Please let us know their contact details (name, address, email address and telephone number) in advance so that arrangements may be made where possible and confirmation details can be passed on.
- If you are booking a Course that runs over multiple dates there is no entitlement to replace or catch up on missed sessions within that course at a later date.
- The price of any Course will be as quoted on our site, except in cases of obvious error.
- Despite our best efforts, it is possible that the Course listed on our site may be incorrectly priced. We will normally verify prices as part of our dispatch procedures so that, where a Courses correct price is less than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount when reserving the Course place. If a Courses correct price is higher than the price stated on our site, we will normally, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before reserving the Course, or reject your Order and notify you of such rejection.
- We are under no obligation to reserve a Course place at the incorrect (lower) price, even after we have sent you a Confirmation , if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mis-pricing.
- Payment for all Course places must be by made in advance. We will not reserve your Workshop place until we have received confirmation of payment. If you wish to pay by a different method, please do contact us and we will try to oblige.
6. Our Right to Cancel a Course
In exceptional circumstances, we may unfortunately have to cancel a Course. If that does occur, we will give you as much prior notice as possible and will refund your booking fee or see if we can accommodate you on an alternative date if you prefer. Unfortunately, we cannot accept any liability for travel or other costs.
7. Gift Vouchers
Gift vouchers can be purchased online and are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase. We will send your voucher in accordance with our Delivery Times to you or your intended recipient. Gift vouchers are redeemable for courses only and cannot be redeemed for cash. Your statutory rights of cancellation are as specified at clause 4.2 above.
8. Our Liability
- We warrant that the Workshop service shall be provided using reasonable skill and care.
- Our liability for losses you suffer as a result of us breaking this agreement is strictly limited to the price paid for the Course.
- This does not include or limit in any way our liability:
- For death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- Under section 2(3) of the Consumer Protection Act 1987;
- For fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- For any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability.
- We are not responsible for indirect losses which happen as a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not foreseeable by you and us, including but not limited to:
- loss of income or revenue
- loss of business
- loss of profits or contracts
- waste of management or office time however arising.
- In accordance with the Health and Safety at Work, etc Act 1974 and the Consumer Protection Act 1987, we confirm that the Products that we supply as a distributor do not present a hazard to health and safety
- when properly used for the purpose for which they are designed; and
- if you take reasonable and normal precautions in their use.
9. Written Communications
Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. When using our site, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on our website. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
11. Events beyond our control
We shall have no liability to you for any failure to supply any services, or any delay in doing so that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, without limitation, strikes, lock-outs and other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access, flood, fire, explosion, extreme weather or accident.
If any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
14. Governing Policy
The contract between us shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law and the English courts shall have jurisdiction to resolve any disputes between us.
15. Entire Agreement
All our classes can be purchased online or over the phone to pay. We ask for full payment up front.